TERMS AND CONDITIONS-REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT
Date Updated: 2020/7/13Online Registration
1. You must register a Costco online account before you can shop on Costco Online Shopping. This website is only available to holders of valid Primary Cards / Family Cards / Business add-on Cards for registration and shopping.
2. Before registration, please enter your Costco membership card number and Taiwan ID number (for foreigners, please enter your Alien Resident Certificate ("ARC") number). After your Costco membership details are validated, you may start to register a Costco online account.
3. In case you are not a Costco member yet, you can proceed to "Online Registration" and purchase on Costco Online Shopping immediately after you have successfully applied for Costco Gold Star Membership online, and you will receive the membership card upon bringing your identification document with a photograph thereon to any Membership Counter of the nearest Costco warehouse and having your photograph taken by Costco. If you apply for Costco Business Membership online, you must complete membership validation by presenting the business certificate and your personal identification document with a photograph thereon at any Membership Counter of the nearest Costco warehouse before you can purchase on Costco Online Shopping.
4. Once your Costco membership expires, you cannot purchase on Costco Online Shopping. Holders of Primary Cards and Family Cards can renew membership online at the page of "Renew Membership Online" and continue the checkout for purchases on Costco Online Shopping after renewal. Holders of Business add-on Cards cannot purchase online until the holder of Primary Business Card has renewed the membership of Business add-on Cards.
5. After your Costco membership details are validated, you may create a Costco online account and set a password. The user name of your Costco online account must be an e-mail address. The password must be between 8 to 20 digits composed of at least one number and one English letter. For security purposes, the password should not be your telephone number / repeated numbers / previous password / dictionary word
6. Once you have completed your Costco online account registration, the account will be effective immediately.
Login to Online Account
1. Since certain prices are only available to Costco online registered members, please login to your account or you will not be able to view certain item prices.
2. If you forgot your password, please go to "Login" and select "Forgot Password", and the system will send a "password reset" link to your e-mail address. You may reset your password after clicking on the link. You can also login to your account and change your password at "Change Password" under "My Account" any time.
3. Within 18 months following the expiration of your Costco membership card, you can still login to your online account to view all information, but you must renew membership online at the page of "Renew Membership Online" before you can continue checkout your purchases on Costco Online Shopping. Holders of Primary Cards and Family Cards can renew membership online at the page of "Renew Membership Online" and purchase on Costco Online Shopping immediately after your membership is renewed. Holders of Business add-on Cards cannot purchase online until the holder of Primary Business Card has renewed the membership of Business add-on Cards.
4. Your online account and all information therein will be deleted once you have canceled your Costco membership or your membership has expired for more than 18 months. You may not checkout if your membership is canceled.
5. If you select "Remember me on this computer", you will remain logged in for 30 days on the same computer or electronic device until you opt to logout. For security purposes, you must re-login to your account after 30 days.
1. Once you have completed registration for an online account, the system will automatically import your relevant membership details into your Costco online account at "My Details" under "My Account".
2. Within 18 months following the expiration of your Costco membership card, if you apply for a new Costco membership card or lose your membership card, the system will update and incorporate the membership member of your new membership card into your online account at "My Account" after 1 business day. This does not affect your purchase records.
3. You can check the validity period of your membership at "My Details" under "My Account", and renew your membership online at the page of "Renew Membership Online" any time starting from one month before the expiration month of your membership.
1. You can check details of all completed, canceled and processing orders at "My Order" under "My Account".
2. Once an order is confirmed, the system will automatically generate an order number and send an e-mail notifying you of the confirmed order. You may check details of the order and status of processing by going to "My Order" under "My Account".
3. After Costco’s order processing center has completed the relevant procedures, it will then be forwarded to the logistics company for shipment and the order status will show "Shipped", at the same time the tracking number of the parcel will be displayed on the webpage. If the logistics company’s website provides services for checking delivery status, you will be redirected to the logistics company’s website to check the same upon clicking the tracking number.
4. If multiple items in one order are shipped by two or more logistics companies, the delivery status and tracking number of each item will be displayed on the webpage respectively. If you wish to check the method of delivery (name of the logistics company) and the delivery status of each item, please go to "My Order" under "My Account", and click on the order number link to view the tracking number of each item at "Order Details".
5. If you apply for a refund, the order status will show "Refunded" upon completion of the refund. You can go to "My Order" under "My Account" to check details of the refund.
My Address Book
1. When registering a Costco online account for the first time, you will be asked to provide a phone number and an address at the page of "Online Registration", which will be set as your default contact information and be imported into "My Address Book" under "My Account".
2. You may also go to "My Address Book" under "My Account" to set the recipient information of any person other than yourself, which need to include a phone number and an address for the convenience of future delivery, and you may edit, add or delete the recipient information any time. Such edits will only be reflected in your Costco online account, but will not change the Costco membership details in the system established at the time you applied for your Costco membership.
If you wish to edit your Costco membership details in the system, please go to any Membership Counter of the nearest Costco warehouse for assistance.
3. If the recipient designated by you is not a Costco member, Costco will collect, process and use the recipient’s personal information for delivery of products in accordance with Costco's "Privacy Statement".
4. The recipient designated by you may view our "Privacy Statement" at Costco's website any time and exercise his/her rights regarding personal information.
My Marketing Preferences
You may go to "My Marketing Preferences" under "My Account" to select the manner in which you would like Costco to notify you of transactions, promotions and events of Costco Online Shopping (exclusive of notifications of members' rights and benefits, such as validation of online accounts, order confirmation, shipment, return and cancellation, or membership renewal notices from Costco warehouses, letters for product recall and automatic membership renewal notices by SMS). You may opt in or out of such marketing information. The choices made therein will not affect your preference settings for marketing information of Costco warehouses.