TERMS AND CONDITIONS-REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT
Date Updated: 2018/4/3Online Registration
1. Before you make a purchase online, you must first register an account. The Website only accepts valid Costco primary card / family card / commercial account secondary card members to register and conduct online shopping.
2. Before registration, you must first enter the Costco member card number and ID number (foreigners should enter the residence card number). You may complete the registration process only after the membership being verified.
3. Non-Costco members can first apply Gold Star member card online, and then immediately start online registration and shopping. Members can pick up the physical membership card at counter of any Costco at Membership Department in Taiwan with a valid photo ID. Members who apply commercial account membership online must go to any Costco Membership Department counter in Taiwan with business certificate and any valid photo ID, and start online shopping only after being verified.
4. Once the membership card expires, you cannot continue online shopping. Primary card and family card members can renew online and then continue online shopping immediately after the renewal; secondary card members of commercial account may not continue online shopping until the commercial account primary card member renews.
5. You may set the username and password after your membership is verified; the username must be a valid e-mail address, and the password must be 8 to 32 digits composed of one number and one English letter and should not be your telephone number / repeated numbers / previous password / dictionary word.
6. Once the registration is completed, your account will be effective immediately.
1. It is recommended to log in to your account at all times, as some product prices are available to registered members only. If you do not log in you cannot view all product prices.
2. If you have forgotten your password please go to the "Login" and select "forgot password". We will send a password reset link to your e-mail address. You can also go to the "Change Password " page of your online account and change your password at any time.
3. If the membership card expires, you can still log into your account to view all the information in your account, but you must go to the membership card renewal page to renew the card before checking out online shopping. (Primary card and family card members can renew online and then continue online shopping immediately; commercial account secondary card members may not continue online shopping until the commercial account primary card member renews it for you.)
4. If you have already cancelled a membership card or the membership card has been expired for 18 months, your online account information will no longer be available.
5. If you select "stay logged" you can stay logged in on the same computer for 14 days or until you log out. For data security considerations, you must re-login to your account 14 days later.
1. When you finish registration, the system will automatically import your membership information into "My Profile" page under the "My Account" of your online account.
2. If you have reported the loss of a membership card, the new card number will be synchronized to the "My Profile" page under My Account" of your online account. You can still check all the activities and information in the account under the new membership under. 之
3. If you have reported the loss of a membership card, the new card number will be synchronized to the "My Profile" page under "My Account" of your online account. You can still check all the activities and information in the account under the new membership under. You can go to "Membership Card Renewal" page to renew your card online within one month before the expiration of your membership to card make your shopping convenient at any time.
1. You can go to "My Orders" under "My Account" to view the details of all confirmed, canceled, and processing orders.
2. Once an order is confirmed, the system will automatically generate an order number and e-mail you the order confirmation. You may go to "My Account" under "My Orders" to view the order details and its processing status.
3. After the processing center, the order will then be transferred to the logistics companies for shipping. The order status will show as "Shipped" and an order tracking number will appear on the page. If the logistics company supports real-time tracking, you can click on the tracking number and redirect to the logistics company’s website to track shipping status.
4. In case where there is one order for multiple items that are shipped by different logistics companies, different shipping status and tracking numbers will be displayed each separately.
5. If the order is returned, the order status will show as "returned" after the completion of returning. You may also check return details in "My Orders" under "My Account".
My Address Book
1. You must fill in your phone number and address at "My Address Book page under "My Profile" before your first purchase online.
2. In the event the receiver you provide to Costco is not a Costco member, Costco will collect, process and use the receiver’s information for goods delivery in accordance with Costco's of Privacy Statement.
3. Any receivers you provide to Costco may go to Costco website at any time to read through our "Privacy Statement" and exercise their rights regarding their personal information.
4. If Costco finds any fraudulent use of your account or password, Costco will immediately suspend transaction and use of your account and promptly notify you thereof.
My Marketing Options
1. "Online Shopping Marketing Options" list the ways in which Costco informs online shopping accounts of various online shopping promotions and events. You can opt out from the informant list of such marketing information, (Household informative notifications such as notifications for account registration, order confirmation, shipment, return and cancellation are not bound by such option). Please be advised that your selection of “opt-out” from on-line shopping promotion information does not affect your “store-based” marketing options.
2. Costco generally starts its marketing campaign 1 to 2 months prior to the actual event; you may still receive such event notification although you have canceled part of the marketing options within 1 to 2 months.
My Marketing Options
1. For any doubt on the meaning of any article in this Agreement, the article shall be interpreted in favor of you.
2. Costco shall ensure its computer system maintained at reasonable expectation level of safety.
4. You agree that Taiwan Taipei District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdiction for any legal proceedings caused by or related to this Agreement for the first instance; provided however that Article 47 of Consumer Protection Act and Article 436-9 of Code of Civil Procedure shall also apply to any dispute arising from or related to online sale of food products.
5. If you have any question or complaint related to online shopping, you may contact us by the following ways: Approach any of our account desk at any of our warehouses in Taiwan; Call the direct line (please see below) at any of our warehouses in Taiwan;
Send us e-mail to email@example.com; or
Mail to our address at:
No. 225 Minshan St., Neihu Dist., Taipei City 114
Costco President Taiwan Inc.